Popovy Doll Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~

Go down 
+7
sophie-aeris
BelleNolia
415EA
merrijane
Jill Jackson
MorphoHelena
Orangey
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ Empty
PostSubject: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello to all!  

~ Magpie Cherry Blue Jay Cuckoo Bony ~

The gates have opened again for you to send your questions to the Popovy Sisters! Very Happy Very Happy

Although Igor and the Sisters are always generously answering our questions, this is the second official forum interview. Smile

For this interview, please post below with any questions, curiosities, interests, etc. that you have about the Sisters! If there is anything that you are burning to know, this is your chance! Think of interesting or unique subjects that the Sisters might not have answered before. You can suggest a broad topic of interest or ask a specific question.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! A limited amount of questions will be included in the interview, so your questions may be reworked, reassembled, or combined to produce the final interview questions.

Post away!  computer  

thankyou!  
Back to top Go down
https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:24 pm

O.K. I will go first....

Are you planning on doing another ballet themed collection? flower 
Back to top Go down
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and apologize is I ask a question already asked, but I have been curious to know, if each of the sisters has a part in the creation of a Popovy Sis doll that they particularly enjoy doing. I have heard that twins often think alike but does one prefer to sculpt and the other design perhaps. Does one sister start a sculpt and the other work on the same figure at times? How do you divide which part of the doll is done by which sister? Surprised) Jill
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

Yay, another interview, always interesting reading.

I'd love to know what plans the Sisters have for dolls in the future....new collections or directions.
Also, I'm quite intrigued as to how they prioritise their time. With constant orders, do they work a set time regardless, or burn the candle at both ends in order to keep up?

Are there other doll makers, whose work they admire and if so, which ones?

What things inspire them the most?
Back to top Go down
415EA

415EA

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 am

MorphoHelena, I love your consistency and focus on ballet!!! That made me chuckle. I will be consistent too in wanting to know when the mod collection might hit the catalog.  Very Happy 

Like Merrijane, I'm interested in knowing if there are other contemporary artists that they admire and maybe want to collaborate with in the future--I can just picture it, Popovy and Tim Walker photography! I would buy that coffee table book!
Back to top Go down
BelleNolia

BelleNolia

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 am

I am going to give this some serious thought. When are the questions due in, Orangey? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellenolia/
Гость

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 pm

My question is probably silly, but I'm very curious. I heard that one of the twins is often left-handed. Is there a lefty among you?  Smile
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Yes, yes, ballet, 415EA. I need more ballet things but they can make MOD things as well.... flower flower flower 
Back to top Go down
sophie-aeris

sophie-aeris

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

My question is: what are the next dolls shows, and in which countries, which the sisters will participate and sell their creations?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mayple

mayple

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Hints regarding the new collection/s? On Instagram they showed a pair of heels with a carved rose I am very interested in.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.orchidsdesigns.etsy.com
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Ooh, that sounds exciting.! Jill
Back to top Go down
Ilse

Ilse

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Yes I would like to know if the sisters will be at a Doll show in Europe or if you will host your own Doll show ? How do you decide on what your next inspiration will be?
Back to top Go down
adzolot

adzolot

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:08 pm

I would like to know when Sisters are planning to make doll with new mold?
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Oh, another question.... flower Where do you get those wonderful tea sets and jam that you show in your photos?
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:33 pm

BelleNolia wrote:
I am going to give this some serious thought.  When are the questions due in, Orangey? Smile

Oh, perhaps a week's time, let's say next Wednesday Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
BelleNolia

BelleNolia

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 4:28 am

Jill Jackson wrote:
... if each of the sisters has a part in the creation of a Popovy Sis doll that they particularly enjoy doing... How do you divide which part of the doll is done by which sister?  Surprised) Jill

I too am curious about the twin dynamic. I know this was touched on somewhat in the previous interview, but I would like to know more...

Do either of you have a favorite sculpt? Which is your favorite part of the creative process...for example, designing new ideas, painting the dolls, or making the costumes? Was there a certain aspect of the dollmaking process that was particularly challenging or difficult to accomplish at first?

Being doll artists is an unusual career, though of course we fans and doll collectors regard you both in very high esteem. How did your family and friends feel about your work when you were starting out? Did you feel that they supported your creative vision and passion? Do you ever find it difficult to explain to others that you are doll artists?

And also, to quote merrijane, how do you balance your time between new collections and orders, and I would also like to know more about what inspires you...

Hmm...ok, this will do for starters! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellenolia/
Syaron
Donor
Donor
Syaron

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 pm

My question: How do the Sisters select the color pallet? And given a specific color pallet, how is that in turn used to select styles, fabrics, trims, and designs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~   Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask The Popovy Sisters! February 2014~
Page 1 of 1