Popovy Doll Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]

Go down 
+2
$avage
Orangey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Hello forum friends!

We are working together with the Sisters to produce a forum-exclusive mini-interview.

We thought it would be suitable to open up the topic to you, the fans, to see what you are most curious about the Sisters, including their inspirations, goals, artistic beginnings, etc. Feel free to also ask more 'personal' or unique questions (with discretion tongue).

Any questions, post them right below and your question may be selected to be answered by the sisters!

Note: This will not be a large interview, a limited amount of questions will be selected.

If you have a question that the board can answer, or the sisters have already said, we'll answer it. Check here for their official website 'About' page: http://www.popovy-dolls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=5&lang=en

Please also, no questions regarding pricing, or artistic techniques/secrets, the girls as artists have things they of course can't share.

We will lock this thread once we get a sizable amount of questions  Smile.

Thank you all!

Last edited by Orangey on Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
$avage

$avage

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Questions:
1-How much the fact to be Twin sister influence your work?The fact to be Twin sister is a starting point when you're working on your collections?
2-Which are your artistic influences, did you started out with the idea of making dolls, or it was an idea that you've developed in time?
Back to top Go down
Annina

Annina

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:11 pm

3 - What does it feel like to be twins, how would you explain it to someone who is not a twin? (personal question)

4 - What did inspire you when you were children, and did you create things when you were very young? Follow-up: Would you show us something each of you created as a child?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anninaislove/
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:36 am

I'd love to know how the workload is divided between you both.

1 - Do you both come up with ideas and if so, how is the decision made as to which idea may be the best?

2 - And do you each do a little of everything, for example designing & making the clothes, wigs, shoes, furniture & painting the makeup? Or do you each have different strengths, so that one sister does one thing while the other might excel at something else?

3 - Do you ever argue? Smile
Back to top Go down
JayneM

JayneM

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 am

1. I would like to know what has inspired them in the past and keeps inspiring them everyday?
2. Do they have any amazing ideas for the future?
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm

1. What do you love the most about making dolls versus just fashions in human size?
2. Are there any distinctions between both of your styles, and with how you produce your work? Any part of the process that you love most?
3. What other things do you enjoy doing beside dollmaking?
4. What materials catch your eye for making your dolls?
5. What image do you want people to get from your dolls?
6. What is the best quality you would say your sister has?
7. Any favorite collection or doll you've made?
8. What do Popovy Dolls represent to you/ what idea would you like people to get from your work?
9. Did you find it really difficult transitioning to ball joint dolls? Making the joints
10. Are you ever inspired by music?
11. What's the biggest difference in your personalities?
12. Do you have a dream travel spot (for a doll show or just to visit)
13. Your most proud, fulfilling moment so far?
14. Do you have a collection of anything? (Dolls, art, or something else)
15. What's your dream/what would you like to achieve in the future?
16. What are your personal fashion styles?
17. I see that you're a fan of animals, would you ever dedicate a collection inspired by animals?
18. What materials do you use to paint your dolls (pastels or acrylics etc)

And $abbatha's questions:

1. I think it is interesting that twin sisters both are so artistically talented. When did you each discover your artistic abilities? Have you both always been so creative?
2. what is your inspiration that brang into creations of your dolls?
3. You're twins,this has influence into your work?
4. You artistic influence has influenced your creative concept for your dolls?
5. Are you influenced from japanese art?
6. Are influencend by russian classic ballet writer?

Phew, so many questions Razz

Last edited by Orangey on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Orangey, I thought you said this would not be a LARGE interview! lol!

But can I sneak in one more question? What is the sisters' favourite doll from another dollmaker?
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 pm

LOL, I know! My mind exploded there! Sisters, don't worry, it's still not a large interview, I promise! Razz

And I have one more question... because I don't know exactly. What is the height of Popovy dolls?

Okay, done!~
Back to top Go down
Fashiondollgal

Fashiondollgal

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:58 am

I have a question for the sisters too!

I think it is interesting that twin sisters both are so artistically talented. When did you each discover your artistic abilities? Have you both always been so creative?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I think we have enough questions (thanks to me... sorry, lol).

Any last questions??

And thanks so much everyone for your responses! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayneM

JayneM

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Yes! Do you photograph your own work? (The photography is wonderful I love you)
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 am

https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com/t49-around-the-web-articles-about-popovy-doll#732

I found an article that kind of touches on a few of these questions. Beware of the online translation, haha.
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 am

Really interesting article....thanks Orangey!
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 am

Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Okay, locking this up!

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]   Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ask The Popovy Sisters! 2012~ [Closed]
Page 1 of 1