Popovy Doll Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Little Owl Popovy Sisters

Go down 
+8
mayple
cjkeve
merrijane
carol9431
Jill Jackson
Orangey
MorphoHelena
mmilena
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mmilena

mmilena

Little Owl Popovy Sisters Empty
PostSubject: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:41 am

I was really surprised that still I can be so emotional about doll's arrivall... in my age, and 4 years experience in this hobby, and 30 dolls, I did not think that I can be so excited about the new one. But it happened and my happiness was huge... actually still is Wink

I got this picture from Igor with the tracking number...
Little Owl Popovy Sisters Unnamed

and the rest is made by me today:
Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7046-tile

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7047

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7051

jealous cat Wink

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7053-tile

just to say hello to the sister Wink

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7058

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7063

The colours are slightly different, I am not sure if my BlueJay yellowed really, or there is a new type of resin, more pinkish and more light

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7065

inputting eyes Smile

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7068

and trying the wig made just for her:

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7070

Little Owl Popovy Sisters _MG_7076

Last edited by mmilena on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 am

Oh my God, huge congratulations....I cannot wait to see what you will do with her as all your photos are just stunning!!!!So thrilled for you......even unpainted, she is a dream....... congrats! flower flower flower 
Back to top Go down
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm

thank you :*
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Oh my gosh, what a face, she is amazing!! Wow, love her so much, especially in that black wig! Seems to me like she would well suit minimalistic and natural makeup <3. Congratulations!  congrats! 

You're making me change my mind about Little Owl, haha. Let's be honest, I just want them all! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Oh, mmilena, I have been collecting for more than 20 years and still get emotional when I receive a beautiful doll such as yours. Love the kitty helping you. Surprised)

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:08 pm

oh Jill so it is a good news Wink so there is a hope, that I will not get borred soon Very Happy

Orangey, I agree, I want them all also Wink
Back to top Go down
carol9431

carol9431

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Love the photos of the kitty!! Obviously, he/she thought you needed help opening the box. Also, very useful as a bed. Can't wait to see what you do what you do with Little Owl. I love the wig and eyes!
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Mmilena, thank you for posting these lovely photos. We all share in your excitement!!  happy dance 
Back to top Go down
cjkeve

cjkeve

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 8:08 pm

WOW she is so cute. congrats! 
Back to top Go down
http://sandykhoury.deviantart.com/
mayple

mayple

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:42 am

hurray  cat  so excited to see her done up with her new faceup!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orchidsdesigns.etsy.com
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks! I can wait to see her painted also, althought she so beautiful also as a blank doll.
Back to top Go down
Eiko82

Eiko82

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:29 am

Congrads!!! She is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing her painted. Will you do her faceup?
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7845961@N02/
pianissimo

pianissimo

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 am

mmilena you have a very beautiful doll !
Huge congratulations !
I love the Little Owl sculpt, even unpainted she is amazing, and I look forward to seeing her painted Smile
Back to top Go down
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:36 pm

I can not paint by myself, but I will ask my friend Wink hopefully during this week she will give her a face Wink
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm

I wanted to ask, if I may, what the eye size is, mmilena, and whether they are round or oval in shape?
Back to top Go down
matilla

matilla

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Same emotions here even after receiving hundreds of dolls in all these years. But receiving these dolls is even the most high emotion I've ever had. they are so unique !! congratulations
Back to top Go down
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm

matilla wrote:
Same emotions here even after receiving hundreds of dolls in all these years.  But receiving these dolls is even the most high emotion I've ever had. they are so unique !! congratulations

Matilla, you are in Italy. Did you by any chance attend the Italian Fashion Doll Festival this year?
Back to top Go down
matilla

matilla

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 am

Hi Jill,
yes I did, I always be there as we have been all good friends for years :-)
Back to top Go down
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 am

MorphoHelena wrote:
I wanted to ask, if I may, what the eye size is, mmilena, and whether  they are round or oval in shape?

eyes were made just for her, no regular size, so I do not know, sorry. And they are round not oval.
Back to top Go down
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:13 am

matilla wrote:
Hi Jill,
yes I did, I always be there as we have been all good friends for years :-)

Hi Matilla, I will miss seeing Mario, Gianni, and some of the other Italian fashion doll people this year, but Linda Macario, who makes delightful OOAK BJD "child dolls" will be at my table at the Austin BJDConvention next week. Linda is from Italy.

So, you know the Fashion Doll Agency guys, who are from Italy but living in Paris?
Back to top Go down
matilla

matilla

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 am

I don't know Linda, I'm sorry, I have never met her before but Mario and Gianni are old good friends of mine :-). and yes I know Nunzio of Doll Agency, but haven't met him in the last two years as he didn't come to the italian conventions and I didn't attend the last two editions of the Paris convention.
Back to top Go down
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

matilla wrote:
I don't know Linda, I'm sorry, I have never met her before but Mario and Gianni are old good friends of mine :-).  and yes I know Nunzio of Doll Agency, but haven't met him in the last two years as he didn't come to the italian conventions and I didn't attend the last two editions of the Paris convention.

I'm sorry to confuse you, Matilla, but I am "Jill". It's so nice to know that we have mutual friends in Italy. I have wanted to visit for years now, but have never made it. I didn't attend the Paris event this year but was there the year before, and other earlier ones. There is another duo, who makes OOAK for that show, but I don't recall their names right now. They were at the National convention in New Orleans last year. Do you know them? Sorry if I am off-topic. It's just nice to meet people who have mutual interests. Now, if I can make it to Italy, I will know more people when I arrive. Surprised)
Back to top Go down
matilla

matilla

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:50 am

I know it's you Jill...I meant...I don't know the woman called Linda as I never met her before :-)
Those two guys are Artist Creations, Alessandro and Giuseppe who are also my friends :-)
You have to come to next year IDC convention so you'll meet all of us Jill :-) it will be a great pleasure for me to meet you in person <3
Back to top Go down
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 am

matilla wrote:
I know it's you Jill...I meant...I don't know the woman called Linda as I never met her before :-)
Those two guys are Artist Creations, Alessandro and Giuseppe who are also my friends :-)
You have to come to next year IDC convention so you'll meet all of us Jill :-)  it will be a great pleasure for me to meet you in person <3

Ah, so sorry. As usual, I am the one who was confused. I am not a multi-tasker as I have just proven.

Yes, it is Allesandro & Guiseppe that I mean. I met them at the Barbie con last year. I have been trying to convince a friend of mine that she should go to Italy with me, but she is rather reluctant to travel outside the US. I did drag her to Paris last year, though I'm not sure she has recovered yet. Surprised)

Is IDC adding different dolls to their programs now--like the PD? I love the designers for Barbie and have a few OOAKs but she does not capture me the way the PDs do.
Back to top Go down
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 am

I do not think your conversation is about my little owl... maybe you could take it to your priv
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl Popovy Sisters   Little Owl Popovy Sisters Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Owl Popovy Sisters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next