Popovy Doll Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The arrival of Peewit

Go down 
+7
Popovy Sisters
GlossReality
bibarina
Eiko82
Shashy53
terridoll
ellynor
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ellynor

ellynor

The arrival of Peewit Empty
PostSubject: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:59 pm

The arrival of Peewit 15428075494_57a51c480f_nbox opening by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

The arrival of Peewit 15936012149_febd16a641_nBox Opening by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
The shipping box was custom created for a snug fit to keep the shipping fees at a minimum.

The arrival of Peewit 15936336077_c73f558105_nBox Opening by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
The paperwork, please note the details...

That was quick and a great surprise. I allowed the box and contents to come to room temperature and I stayed up late to unwrap her.
The arrival of Peewit 15934791750_6e06761913_nBox Opening by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

The arrival of Peewit 16120173111_2eaa455a66_nEve the Cat Sudio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
Looks like someone is anxious to help. "For me?"

The arrival of Peewit 15934673468_54b6e617d8_nEve the Cat Sudio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
"Open her already! I am not a Saint!"

When placing an order, you can select ballet feet or heeled feet; and I selected heeled feet.
The arrival of Peewit 16122077665_52c75c6190_nBox Opening by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

I unwrapped her feet first, moved onto her midsection, removed her head wrap, and finished by unwrapping her hands.  Hands that are perfect for lots of kitty scratches and pets!
The arrival of Peewit 15502396243_e5311deeb6_nEve The Cat Studio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

Here is what I have to say:

Resin: creamy smooth... nice color

Funky joints: are much better in person then in photos. She has elbow and knee joints that are not oblong or round balls.

Strung: tight, the tightest ever, but not kicky at all, amazing actually!

Hand & feet sculpt: Okay, not like Doll Chateau, but good...  In the heeled feet, the toes seem to be bent just right for spiked shoes. The hand sculpt is better than the feet, but the left hand position is not natural, IMO. You simply can not make your pinky do that! I tried, can't do it...

Breasts: sort of booblets, nice size with very pointy - poke your eyes out nipples.
The arrival of Peewit 16120180991_7ccb70d4ec_nPeewit by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

Ribcage sculpt: boney..

Eyes: holy smokes they are tiny, amazingly so...

Booty crack: deep..

Belly button: had "lint"...  resin dust and once I cleaned it, she has a nice belly button

The arrival of Peewit 16096301016_e8dcfbb077_nEve The Cat Studio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
"Oh! She moves! even better for me!"

Okay....  got all that??

Neck: different than any neck I have ever seen. Has a frontal divit which I think helps with the posing/positioning. I like it! Back of neck has the Popovy symbol engraved into it. I did not realize that!

Head: More details than can be seen in photos!  She froughs her brow. I have not seen that before - cool! It has Popovy Sisters engraved into back of head and has Peewit engraved inside of head. You can see some resin dust in the engraving, but it is easy to remove with straight pin.
The arrival of Peewit 15936356387_af7f0a1b75_nPeewit by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr

Skull plate:  fits well and tightly and it has Peewit Popovy Sisters 2014 engraved on the inside...

Collar bones - nice...

Lots of details in the sculpt. Excellent posing with firm and smooth movement. She is small and big at the same time.
The arrival of Peewit 15934681278_8cc7fea981_nEve The Cat Studio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
"Can I keep her?"

COA comes in 3 paper parts, sweet COA finished with ribbon and bow enclosed in tiny ziplock bag.

The arrival of Peewit 16120183041_1fd0b3426f_nEve The Cat Studio by savingstrayseveryday, on Flickr
"All mine!"

This is my first written assessment of Peewit... I knew that she was something last night, but it wasn't until this morning that I could see all of the details. Those details, the details that the sisters add to their girls is what pushes them right over the edge of quality. Popovy Sisters are in a league of their own!  AnnMarie
Back to top Go down
terridoll

terridoll

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Congratulations!  She looks incredible.  Can't wait to see her faced up.
Back to top Go down
Shashy53

Shashy53

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Great commentary.  I really like her.  Of course I would never attempt to paint one of their dolls so looking forward to seeing what you do.  Your comment on her hands and fingers were interesting.  I agree about that pinky being strange.  I was able to almost get my own finger sticking out so far but it does look weird and not easy to do.  I wish they would put that finger in a little.  They must want it to look different and a little strange.  I find it hard to position my Cuckoos hands looking natural.  It is all about those fingers but in real life they do look better if you work at it.

Congratulations on your new doll.
Back to top Go down
Eiko82

Eiko82

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 am

Congrads on your girl. I look forward to seeing how you'll paint her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7845961@N02/
bibarina
Donor
Donor
bibarina

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 7:03 am

Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you do her faceup! Please don't forget to post pics when she is done! flower
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Bibarina
GlossReality

GlossReality

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:38 am

Congrats! Thank you for the pictures and the awesome information! I look forward to seeing more of her Smile
Back to top Go down
ellynor

ellynor

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 am

I have added more photos under the post "and so it begins". I am starting to work on her face-up and body blushing.

https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com/t634-and-so-it-begins-discovering-peewit-through-body-blushing-and-face-up

Here's the link. Enjoy, AnnMarie
Back to top Go down
Popovy Sisters
The Artists
The Artists
Popovy Sisters

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank you for such detailed review and photos!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.popovy-dolls.com
mmilena

mmilena

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:13 am

lovely arrival, with this cat Wink so charming Wink congrats!
Back to top Go down
Arnie in FL

Arnie in FL

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Peewit is one of my fave sculpts, Love the kitty too!
Back to top Go down
pledski

pledski

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Congrats on the girl. You are so patient to wait to open the box.
Looking forward to seeing her faceup. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pennysixpence/
Almostanangel

Almostanangel

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Congrats and what a cute cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The arrival of Peewit   The arrival of Peewit Empty

Back to top Go down

The arrival of Peewit
Page 1 of 1