Popovy Doll Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Bony Has Shipped!

Go down 
+16
Cuckoo
*Solveig*
katieq
415EA
Popovy Sisters
mellara
carol9431
BelleNolia
Orangey
Ilse
merrijane
Jill Jackson
matilla
mayple
xgrincheux
MorphoHelena
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xgrincheux

xgrincheux

My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Wow, Binnur ! She's gorgeous !
I love her moth tattoo on the neck.
Congrats on her !
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Ooh Binnur, she looks like the lovely Bony recently featured on the Sisters' instagram! Congratulations, those blue eyes are gorgeous! I hope we can see a photo of all your beautiful ballerinas together soon!  heart 
Back to top Go down
merrijane

merrijane

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:57 pm

carol9431 wrote:
I know your excitment as I just received Cuckoo yesterday and am still "over the moon" looking at her. I think that I've started a dangerous addition!!
Carol...you'll never be able to stop at one!  Smile 
Can we please see a photo of your lovely Cuckoo?  pretty please 
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 pm

Jill Jackson wrote:
Your prima ballerina is gorgeous, Morpho Helena. The flowers really pick up the color of her eyes.  Very Happy 

Thank you, Jill....You were right....She came in about four days from the Ukraine. Pretty impressive service that FED EX.

She came just as the violets were blooming so I couldn't resist taking this picture!
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:51 pm

merrijane wrote:
Ooh Binnur, she looks like the lovely Bony recently featured on the Sisters' instagram!  Congratulations, those blue eyes are gorgeous!  I hope we can see a photo of all your beautiful ballerinas together soon!  heart 

Yes, merrijane, she IS the Bony from the recent Instagram. I was so excited when I saw that post that I wrote to Igor asking him if she was mine. When he confirmed, I was so incredibly happy....She is even more beautiful in person. I am always so amazed that these dolls that look so huge in the photos are actually so very tiny in real life. I can't fathom how one could paint those tiny eyes.....
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
Orangey

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:54 pm

No matter how many times I see the Sisters' painting, it continues to be impressive. Your Bony looks absolutely amazing! What a divine doll! I love this 3/4 view <3.
Back to top Go down
https://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Thank you mellara and xgrincheux. I LOVE where the Sisters put the tattoo, too. It's always there, like a little jewel on her neck....I don't know what her name will be yet----I'm waiting until something comes to me----but she is the Prima Ballerina of the group. She was a child prodigy and now she is coming into her own as a young lady.... flower flower flower 
Back to top Go down
BelleNolia

BelleNolia

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I completely agree with Orangey... no matter how many times I see the Sisters' work, I am left speechless.  MorphoHelena, your Bony is certainly no exception.  Gorgeous portrait photo; Jill is right, the violets really set off her eyes!  I'm positively awestruck....  Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bellenolia/
Popovy Sisters
The Artists
The Artists
Popovy Sisters

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 9:42 am

woooow that's a great photo!!! 0_0
Back to top Go down
http://www.popovy-dolls.com
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 am

The "moth" painting is like a "beauty mark". So pretty!
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Orangey wrote:
No matter how many times I see the Sisters' painting, it continues to be impressive. Your Bony looks absolutely amazing! What a divine doll! I love this 3/4 view <3.

Thank you so much Orangey....I love, LOVE my little as-yet-unnamed ballerina....I couldn't imagine a better, more beautiful Bony for me.. I wanted an innocent yet beautiful look for a child prodigy coming into her own as a Prima Ballerina and the Sisters perfectly and seamlessly filled the bill. flower 
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you BelleNolia.   I am just unabashedly thrilled with my new little principal dancer.  I do agree with everyone; the Sisters' work just gets better with each new doll.  The dolls we have seen lately like matilla's and mine are just incredible.  Superlatives escape me. hearts 
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 pm

Popovy Sisters wrote:
woooow that's a great photo!!! 0_0

Thank you Lena and Katya for your kind words. I LOVE my new little dancer and I just can't wait to photograph all of them together.....Thank you for making this treasure for me.... flower flower flower 
Back to top Go down
mayple

mayple

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Utterly gorgeous  hearts 
She is a dteam come to life. It's hard for my brain to comprehend she's made of resin....
Back to top Go down
http://www.orchidsdesigns.etsy.com
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Thank you, mayple, she is a dream come true for me, as well. Wouldn't it be nice if they were made of porcelain, as well as the beautiful resin? People would be lining up to be able to get them...
Back to top Go down
415EA

415EA

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 am

I love th photo with vibrant purple pop of color! Sisters did an amazing job as always!
Back to top Go down
katieq

katieq

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:18 am

She is incredible, what a beautiful photograph. You have a stunning collection of Popovys !
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katiedoll9
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:50 am

MorphoHelena wrote:
Thank you, mayple, she is a dream come true for me, as well.  Wouldn't it be nice if they were made of porcelain, as well as the beautiful resin?  People would be lining up to be able to get them...

MorphoHelena, have you handled a porcelain BJD? What I love about the Popovy resins is their posing. I've really never handled another BJD that poses as well and holds the pose the way they do. I have wondered if that could be achieved with porcelain. Jill
Back to top Go down
Ilse

Ilse

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Wow! Fabulous picture! Love your Bony!
Back to top Go down
mayple

mayple

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:16 pm

Jill - I have a porcelain ED. She poses beautifully. It's not the material but the mastery of the design and joints that dictates the posing - a porcelain Popovy would be an unbeatable beauty and master of posing :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orchidsdesigns.etsy.com
Jill Jackson

Jill Jackson

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 pm

mayple wrote:
Jill - I have a porcelain ED. She poses beautifully. It's not the material but the mastery of the design and joints that dictates the posing - a porcelain Popovy would be an unbeatable beauty and master of posing :-)

I understand, Mayple, about the design. My thought was whether the joints could be so beautifully aligned with the porcelain and if the lining at the joints would be too different. I would love to have a porcelain BJD that poses like the PD resin dolls. I do think that porcelain has a patina to it that I have never seen with resin--and some of my best resin dolls have yellowed over time.

I have never been as impressed with the posing of a BJD as I have the PD, but I don't have a ED so cannot compare the two. I would be happy to have one of yours visit with me. Surprised)
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Yes, I have to second mayple, Jill.  I come from the world of antique dolls so I don't have a lot of BJDs except for EDs and Popovy Dolls.  But both the Popovys and the porcelain EDs pose and hold their poses equally well..... flower
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 pm

415EA wrote:
I love th photo with vibrant purple pop of color! Sisters did an amazing job as always!

Thank you, 415EA. I love my Bony very much and even more so as she was painted during this tumultuous time in the Ukraine. She is a triumph of Art over politics. artist 
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 pm

katieq wrote:
She is incredible, what a beautiful photograph.  You have a stunning collection of Popovys !

Thank you katieq. Like I have said before, I come from the world of antique doll collecting but the Popovys won me over with their stunning beauties and their remarkable talents in miniature clothing design. I eagerly await their latest collections. They are a breath of fresh air in the doll universe. flower 
Back to top Go down
MorphoHelena

MorphoHelena

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Ilse wrote:
Wow! Fabulous picture! Love your Bony!
Thank you Ilse for your sweet words. I do enjoy photographing my dolls immensely. It is a real source of pleasure and a welcome respite from the stress of the "real" world. It affords me a chance to play with color and composition which I enjoy very much. My friends think it is crazy for a grown woman to still "play" with dolls, but 'to each his own', I guess! flower 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Bony Has Shipped!   My Bony Has Shipped! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Bony Has Shipped!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next