Popovy Doll Society

~ Popovy Doll Society - The Official Forum Of Popovy Doll ~
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Little Owl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaska

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Little Owl   Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am

My Little Owl arrived yesterday and she is an absolute dream. It's hard to believe she's really mine love

She is an open eye Body 3 in Ivory with magnetic "Body 2" hands, painted by the Sisters. I also got a sweet floral necklace, a blank pair of shoes and a carved stand.


Her makeup is a combination of the eyes from one of Jean Paul Gaultier's dolls and the lighter lip from m-18. Igor was so incredibly patient and accommodating of all my questions and requests.

Those freckles... they slay me.

She arrived in perfect condition thanks to some really impeccable packaging. The box is gorgeous and each little piece was wrapped so carefully.


Here are some closer shots of her beautiful hands and the magnet mechanism. At first I was afraid I didn't get magnetic hands because they felt so solidly attached Laughing They're wonderfully secure, but still easy to remove (once I convinced myself I wasn't going to break her.)
My one regret is that I didn't ask for both the Body 2 and Body 3 hands. I'm absolutely delighted with the hands I got, but it would have been fun to have both options. They're all so expressive!


I can't wait to create some costumes for her and take more photos. I knew she would be fun to pose, but I was caught off guard by how naturally and gracefully she moves. She is such an incredibly beautiful creature!
Back to top Go down
jodan1309

avatar

Posts : 171
Join date : 2014-06-18
Age : 40
Location : Columbus, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 am

Simply stunning!!! Bravo on the makeup choices! If I were to order a doll right now it would definitely be a Little Owl (to accompany my Peewit and Magpie). I can't wait to see how you dress her up! She is really a work of art!!!
Back to top Go down
Orangey
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:26 pm

Oooh, congratulations!

My gosh, that makeup! The sultry smokey eyes are so perfect, are those hints of gold? And I love her eyebrows! She's magnificent!

Enjoy her and share lots of photos! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://popovydollsociety.forumotion.com
Micromicio

avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2018-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:25 am

She's so beautiful!!!
I am waiting for my very first doll and she is a Little Owl, too.. I just can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
julesette

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-04-30
Location : NYC

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 am

Oh wow, she is fantastic! Can't wait to see her dressed up!
Back to top Go down
merrijane

avatar

Posts : 1685
Join date : 2012-10-17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Oh wow, what a beauty she is...great makeup choice! heart These dolls are even more amazing in the ‘flesh’ aren’t they! Lovely to get some feedback about the magnetic hands too. It’s good to know that they’re nice and secure. Magnetic feet would be great as well! I love you
Back to top Go down
cjkeve

avatar

Posts : 357
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 43
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Such a gorgeous faceup, love the eyebrows. great idea about the magnetic feet.
Back to top Go down
http://sandykhoury.deviantart.com/
jaska

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 am

jodan1309 wrote:
Simply stunning!!! Bravo on the makeup choices! If I were to order a doll right now it would definitely be a Little Owl (to accompany my Peewit and Magpie). I can't wait to see how you dress her up! She is really a work of art!!!

Thank you! I'm so, so fond of her sculpt. Congratulations on having Peewit and Magpie! I love them as well.

Orangey wrote:
Oooh, congratulations!

My gosh, that makeup! The sultry smokey eyes are so perfect, are those hints of gold? And I love her eyebrows! She's magnificent!

Enjoy her and share lots of photos!

Yes! the little flecks of gold and eyebrows really caught me. Thank you! Lots more photos soon <3

Micromicio wrote:
She's so beautiful!!!
I am waiting for my very first doll and she is a Little Owl, too.. I just can't wait!!!

That's so exciting! I hope she arrives soon. She's such a beauty.

julesette wrote:
Oh wow, she is fantastic! Can't wait to see her dressed up!

I'm making her something soon to share ^_^

merrijane wrote:
Oh wow, what a beauty she is...great makeup choice! These dolls are even more amazing in the ‘flesh’ aren’t they! Lovely to get some feedback about the magnetic hands too. It’s good to know that they’re nice and secure. Magnetic feet would be great as well!

They really are. I knew she would be beautiful, but she's really something to behold in person. Magnetic feet would be so nice! I'm too afraid to restring her so she'll have her ballet feet forever Smile

cjkeve wrote:
Such a gorgeous faceup, love the eyebrows. great idea about the magnetic feet.

Thank you! I love her dark eyebrows as well.
Back to top Go down
VeeVie

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2018-01-16
Age : 68
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:49 am

So Beautiful!! I am always amazed at how gorgeous these dolls are!! I don't think one could ever tire of them.... classic yet avant garde . Excellent choices on faceup!! Wow!!
Back to top Go down
jaska

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 pm

VeeVie wrote:
So Beautiful!! I am always amazed at how gorgeous these dolls are!! I don't think one could ever tire of them.... classic yet avant garde . Excellent choices on faceup!! Wow!!

Thank you! I really, really adore her.
Back to top Go down
julesette

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2017-04-30
Location : NYC

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:12 pm

I love the gold in the eyeshadow. What a knockout!
Back to top Go down
Cat ^..^

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2018-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Jaska, she is just so beautiful! What a treasure. ♥️ Her makeup is just stunning. And thank you for the pictures of the hand mechanism. I will be getting my first Popovy in a few months. So, it was very helpful to see the hand off like that. One of my biggest fears was those hands hitting the ground. pale

Back to top Go down
jaska

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:18 pm

julesette wrote:
I love the gold in the eyeshadow. What a knockout!
Thank you, Julesette!

Cat ^..^ wrote:
Jaska, she is just so beautiful!  What a treasure. ♥️ Her makeup is just stunning.  And thank you for the pictures of the hand mechanism. I will be getting my first Popovy in a few months. So, it was very helpful to see the hand off like that. One of my biggest fears was those hands hitting the ground. pale
You're so welcome! I'm really delighted by them. I can't wait to see your Popovy!
Back to top Go down
kuroikishi

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2018-08-03
Age : 38
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

She looks amazing. I didn’t know that you can mix different “make up-types”. Great Idea. How long have you waited for her?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
jaska

avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   Yesterday at 12:37 am

kuroikishi wrote:
She looks amazing. I didn’t know that you can mix different “make up-types”. Great Idea. How long have you waited for her?

Sent from Topic'it App

Thank you! I waited about 6 months. Completely worth it heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Little Owl   

Back to top Go down
 
Little Owl
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Popovy Doll Society :: Box Openings-
Jump to: